Unlike a standard code signing certificate, the DigiCert EV Code Signing certificate is installed on a physical USB device. After completing validation for your DigiCert EV Code Signing certificate, DigiCert will mail the certificate USB to your verified business address.
Once you have received your EV Code Signing certificate USB package, our support team can help you set it up on your system.
Please email us at [email protected] and reference your order ID number so our team can retrieve the Initialization Token for your EV Code Signing Certificate.
The first step to initializing your DigiCert EV Code Signing Certificate is to install the SafeNet Authentication Client. Please select the most appropriate download for your operating system below:
1. The SafeNet Authentication Client installation is very straightforward. Click Next on the wizard window to get started.
2. You will select the language you prefer to use in the client interface.
3. Read and agree to the License Agreement by checking the bubble, and then click Next.
4. Click Change to select the location on your system where you would like to install SafeNet, then click Next.
5. Select Typical installation, and click Next.
6. Finally, click Install, and allow the software to run.
7. When the SafeNet Authentication Client has been successfully installed, click Finish to exit setup.
Activate your DigiCert EV Code Signing Certificate
After you have installed SafeNet, and have received the initialization token for your certificate from our support team, you are ready to activate the device.
1. Plug in the EV Code Signing certificate USB to your system.
2. Run SafeNet Authentication Client.
3. On the main page of SafeNet, click Change Token Password.
4. The Current Token Password is the initialization token provided by our support team. Paste the token into the Current Token Password field.
5. Enter a new password and confirm it.
6. Click OK.
Your DigiCert EV Code Signing certificate is now ready to sign your software!